To enjoy the health benefits provided by CBD and its products you must first know about your body, the biological and bodily needs. Cannabinoids such as CBD may have a wide array of dizzying functions in human body that may influence everything from inflammation, anxiety, depression and several other things in between.
However, you do not need to suffer from serious illness to use CBD and get its benefits. There is no proof of any healthy and normal individual being affected adversely by using CBD. On the contrary, researches show that a person can make a remarkable increase in the quality of life with regular and controlled use of cannabis.
According to the experts CBD can provide relief from the symptoms of different types of illnesses and health conditions. The list includes:
- Any neuropathic and chronic pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Broken Bones
- Mad cow disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Bacterial infections
- Substance abuse and withdrawal
- Heart Disease and
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
However, this is not the complete list of CBD benefits. This is only the tip of the iceberg and several researches are ongoing to find out the major portion that still lies underwater.
Do not overdose
Cannabis must be used in a controlled amount. You should not and cannot overdose on CBD though there is no established lethal dose of it. In fact, taking high dose up to 1500 mg a day of it by patients suffering from chronic diseases have shown to be tolerable by the humans. This dosage is usually 30 times more than the official Serving Standard of CBD.
There are a few minor risks that are associated with a high dose of CBD usage, especially for an extended period of time. These risks include:
- Dry mouth
- Mild low blood pressure
- Reduced P-Glycoprotein activity
- Reduced activity of cytochrome P 450 or CYP 450 enzyme
- Reduced activity of T and B cells and
- Decreased fertilization capacity.
However, you must know that these side effects will be experienced only in worstcase scenarios and are not essentially typical with CBD.
Even then there are a few exceptions into this which is why you are requested to consult your doctor as well as read about the drug instructions before you start taking CBD.
There is one major exception of CBD usage which is otherwise considered to be a generally harmless preventative medicine. This is the negative effect it can have on the working of the CYP450 enzyme found in your liver.
According to research reports, approximately 60% of the entire range of pharmaceutical drugs available in the market undergo breakdown by this specific enzyme. The list of drugs includes all:
- HMG CoA reductase inhibitors
- Calcium channel blockers
- Immune modulators
- Angiotensin II blockers
- Beta blockers
- Oral hypoglycemic agents and
At this point it is useful to know that even the most harmless and benign grapefruit juice can cause inhibitory action on this CYP450 enzyme much similar in way as the CBD would.
Understand your genetics
Therefore, the most important thing to do before you start using CBD vape pods or even any other herbal product is research for any probable drug interactions and if unsure talk with your doctor. This will address your concerns and chances of any interactions due to overdosing of CBD.
You will also have to understand your genetics and how it works so that you clearly know about the impact CBD would have on it. According to research, there are several individuals who show mutations on the CNR1 gene. This is responsible for the coding of the CB1 receptor in the cells throughout your body. This receptor interacts with the cannabinoids. If there is any issue with the CNR1 gene then it can ultimately lead to the poor performance of the endo-cannabinoid system. This is supposed to be the most important variable to find out how to use CBD products.
Apart from this there are a few more factors to consider at the cellular level to find out how cannabinoid is absorbed in your body. The factors to consider include:
- The fact that different substances can affect CB1 receptors profoundly
- Specific lifestyle choices can impact the on how the body metabolizes CBD
- If THC is present it will increase the activity of the CB1 receptors
- Ethanol or alcohol presence will increase its expression and
- Presence of morphine and epinephrine will reduce the activity level of the CB1 receptor.
All these mean that if you are a smoker or consume alcohol then you may experience the benefits of using CDB as compared to those who do not. Moreover, if you are using opiate then you may find that by using CBD you can decrease the use of an opiate.
- Apart from that, with regular exercise and use of nicotine the levels of anandamide will be increased which is a natural activator of the CB1 receptor. This acts much similarly to THC which is a cannabinoid that is naturally synthesized in the brains. That means you will need to be more active as well as keep on ingesting nicotine, though it is not recommended, to increase the special effects of CBD.
- The DHA present which is an omega-3 fatty acid will also increase the CB1 receptors. This means that if you a diet that is rich with fatty fish then you will need to use less of CBD products.
- In addition to that, if there is a prolonged elevated glucocorticoid such as cortisol then the density of the CB1 receptor will be reduced. That means if you experience high levels of chronic stress then you will need a potentially higher dosage of CBD so that you can achieve the same results and effects achieved by those people who are not under chronic stress.
However, just as you would do while using any natural product, it is important that you speak with your doctor prior to beginning using CBD as well.
Author Bio: Pravesh Maurya is a health expert who has been running many health seminars and public discussions. he also manages his blog Lifefitnesstricks.com, Travelmansoon.com and elcraz.com and tech viraldigimedia.comand reviews the health-related details provided by authentic sources.