Microsoft recently launched new certifications under a role-based learningpath. The new Azure certifications path consists of those certifications that are designed keeping in mind various job roles for Azure in the industry. These certifications are divided into the following levels:
- Foundation level
- Associate level
- Expert level
Microsoft’s Azure Certifications And Learning Path
As mentioned above, Microsoft’s new certifications create a learning path that starts from the Fundamental-level certifications, leading you to the Associate-level and finallyends on Expert-level certifications. The Microsoft Azure training and its learning path are specially designed keeping in mind the increased demand for the following Azure-based roles:
- Microsoft Azure Administrator- Associate
- Microsoft Azure Developer -Associate
- Microsoft Azure Solution Architect- Expert
- Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer- Expert
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ- 900 Exam
The exam for Azure fundamentals (AZ-900) was introduced earlier in 2019. This is an elementary-level exam for Azure’s new learning certifications path. This exam mainly focuses on foundational cloud-based knowledge. This exam is for both beginners and experts who intend to improve their skillset on Microsoft Azure products and services. This exam serves as a platform for qualifying for more advanced-level Azure certifications. Since this is an elementary-level certification, there are no prerequisites for this exam. However, it is recommended that you have some sound knowledge of cloud-based operations as well as asAzure products and services. Through the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals exam, you will learn:
- Fundamental cloud concepts
- Introduction to Azure Services
- Implementation of Azure’s four foundational principles.e. transparency, security, compliance, and privacy
- Basic guidance about Azure pricing overview and support plan
Microsoft Azure Administrator certification
The Microsoft Azure Administrator certification is specially designed for system management and administration in Azure-based environments. Through this certification, you will learn:
- Efficient utilization of Azure resources
- Fundamentals of storage management
- Functioning and configuration of (VMs) and virtual networks
- Identity management
- Carrying out and performing migration to Azure
- Efficient utilization of Azure-based application services
- Implementing advanced virtual networks
In order to obtain the certification, you need to clear a total of 2 exams. They are:
- Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment (AZ-100) exam
- Microsoft Azure Integration and Security (AZ-101) exam
If you have previously cleared the Azure 70-533 exam, then you can directly take the Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Transition exam (AZ-102)
Microsoft Azure Infrastructure And Deployment (AZ-100) Exam
Through Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment exam, you will learn the fundamentals of network security, data storage, and basic cloud-computing functions.
To qualify for this certification, you need to have basic knowledge of Azure-based OS, cloud computing operations and data storage. You should know how to handle networking elements and configuration of (VMs) and virtual networks.
Azure Integration AndSecurity (AZ-101) Exam
The Microsoft Azure Integration and Security exam test your skills in performing security, networking, and storage operations in a cloud-based environment. To obtain this certification, you first need to take the Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment (AZ-100) exam.
Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Certification
To obtain the Microsoft Certified Azure Developer certification, you need to only clear a single exam which is the Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure (AZ-203) exam.
This certification is specially designed for cloud developers who possess the necessary skills to implement cloud-based solutions. Through this certification, you will learn:
- Establishment of Azure Infrastructure
- Planning and designing azure based storage solutions
- Screen, troubleshoot and enhance Azure solutions
- Integration of Azure and services of the third party
Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Certification
To earn the Azure Solutions Architect certification, you need to clear the following exams:
- Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies (AZ-300) exam
- Microsoft Azure Architect Design (AZ-301) exam
If you have previously cleared the Azure 70-535 exam, you can skip the
AZ-300 and AZ-301 exams and just clear a single Azure 70-535 exam to get certified.
The certification is specially designed for architects who perform cloud operations in an Azure platform and are responsible for planning and developing cloud solutions that are stable and secure. With the help of this certification, which is a significant part of Microsoft Azure training, you can get your skills validated and prove your potential and knowledge in the following areas:
- Application and configuration ofAzure architecture
- Management of workloads
- Designing and running Azure applications
- Data protection
- Predicting workload needs
- Management of security and identities
- Formulating solutions for data platform
- Conceiving strategies for Business Continuation
- Planning and executing integration and cloud migration successfully
Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Engineer Certification
Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Engineer is a newer Azure learning path. You need to clear a single exam which is Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions (AZ-400) to earn this certification. This certification is designed for DevOps Engineers whobring together various procedures and tools to meet the needs of clients. Through this certification, you will learn:
- Designing various plans and strategies for DevOps
- Application of DevOps development and operations processes
- Management of Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Monitoring constant response and feedback
Why Opt For Azure Certifications?
IT professionals are strongly recommended by experts to obtain a Microsoft certificate which will remarkably upgrade your resume. This is considered as a wise decision as it enables you to contribute meaningfully to your organization and secure a stable career with ample chances for growth.
One fact that attracts almost all IT professionals to Azure certifications globally is that by obtaining this certification, you are accepted everywhere in the IT field. Another beneficial reason to get certified by Azure certification is that you will find an impressive list of options given by the learning and development program at Azure to choose from. Be it studying and preparing for the examinations, the training procedure, or even taking the examinations, you can explore several options available for each category. Also, Azure takes care of the convenience of its applicants as you can take several examinations online, from your home or even your workplace.
Due to the launch of the new Azure certifications path, Microsoft has decided to retire a number of Azure certifications, as some of these certifications offered more theoretical knowledge rather than practical understanding, and the course outline was also very extensive.